Re: Tyre changing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tyre changing
From: "David M Culgan" <culgandm@ggdns.gg.dupont.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 96 15:23:28 EDT
someone wrote:
> Do any of you old timers :) on the list remember how to change a tyre
> using tyre levers and brute force ?

Actually , yes all the time. I seem to be plaugued with flats in my 66 B, wire
wheels (probably would help if the tires had some tread left). Three things make
it easy - a nice bead breaker tool that someone gave me, having no use for it
anymore, and 2 GOOD tire irons. I picked up these at the estate auction of guy
who used to always yell at us kids (this was a long time ago) for riding our
dirtbikes down the shoulder of the road next to his house. He's gone, I'm still
here and have these tools of his. I always think of him when I use them,
wondering if he ever wanted to throw one at us. But I'll bet after all he was
probably a nice guy, maybe he was just yelling for us to stop and chat.

Dave Culgan