Re: Tyre changing

To: David M Culgan <culgandm@ggdns.gg.dupont.com>
Subject: Re: Tyre changing
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 14:54:11 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, David M Culgan wrote:

> anymore, and 2 GOOD tire irons. I picked up these at the estate auction of
>guy
> who used to always yell at us kids (this was a long time ago) for riding our
> dirtbikes down the shoulder of the road next to his house. He's gone, I'm
>still
> here and have these tools of his. I always think of him when I use them,
> wondering if he ever wanted to throw one at us. But I'll bet after all he was
> probably a nice guy, maybe he was just yelling for us to stop and chat.

I used to yell at the kids who rode dirt bikes behind my house.  Nice guy
or no, I'd have cheerfully drawn and quartered them except for the concern
that some bleeding heart liberal (who did not live nearby) would want me
prosecuted.  My fondest dream was that one would be screaming along at 7K
rpm and fall off, so I could go down, nudge him with my toe, and inquire,
"Does it hurt a lot, kid?"

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910