Re: Seat Belt Installation

To: marc@crl.com
Subject: Re: Seat Belt Installation
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 22:26:17 -0400
Marc,

<< ....where are the seatbelts supposed to go?  This car never had them
before.   I can see blanking plugs on either side of the transmissin tunnel,
but noplace on the outer walls. >>

<< I had considered the floor as an option for the outer bolt.  The metal is
brand new, but I was wondering if it is thick enough...? >>

 As I recall, seat belt anchor points for front seat passengers were required
in the US in 1960.  Front lap belts and rear seat belt anchor points were
required in 1963.  Rear seat lap belts were required in 1966, front shoulder
harness 1968 or 1969, etc.

Ok, now you have me guessing a bit.  With anchor points but no belts it would
be a 1960-1962 MGA.  With metal floor it would be an MGB, 1963 or newer.
 Just what are we talking about here?  Sleuthing through some past
correspondence, me thinks you have a '63 MGB.  I bet it had seat belts
installed originally at the factory.  Perhaps some past repair proceedure has
oblitterated the outboard anchor points.

Baarney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA