Re: previous request for help

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: previous request for help
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 30 Jul 1996 10:11:40 -0500
In <1.5.4.16.19960730090715.20d78a06@greenback>, Nic Pillinger wrote:
>after my previous request for help RE:engine idling to low when warm, the
>problem has now developed to engine won't idle properly under load. The
>engine idles fine until I depress the clutch at which point the revs drop to
>the 500-600 or lower.
>
>please can anyone come up with a solution to this problem???

You don't say what speed your "fine" idle is.  The reason the engine
slows down when you depress the clutch is the added load of the fine
British graphite throwout bearing.  One can usually lose a couple
hundred RPM when you depress the clutch.  I'd set your neutral idle at
about 1000 so that when the clutch goes in it sticks at about 800.  If
your engine lugs down more than that, your problem can't be diagnosed
by remote control (or fixed with a screwdriver).
                Good luck!              A. B. Bonds