Re: MGA problems : fuel gauge

To: donmathis@lucent.com
Subject: Re: MGA problems : fuel gauge
From: Michael Chaffee <mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 22:13:38 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 30 Jul 1996 donmathis@lucent.com wrote:

> Speaking of fuel gauges, mine says full when it is and half full when it is
> down to about empty.  What would cause that?
> Don Mathis, Ph.D.

Don (et al):

I dunno the cause, but I ('74 Midget) have the same problem.
Full(indicated) = Full(actual) but 1/3(indicated) = Long Walk (actual)
Anyone else?  I also wonder, since the gauge pegs itself beyond Full long
before the tank actually is full, if there is a way to recalibrate,
perhaps simply by adding/removing a resistor...

Michael Chaffee
mchaffee@staff.uiuc.edu
[Note new address]

CCSO probably thinks I'm working right now.  What do you suppose they think
I'm saying?