RE: Alternator

To: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Subject: RE: Alternator
From: Michael Chaffee <mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 22:18:02 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER wrote:

> I used an alternator form a VW GTI (1985) - although any alternator
> from the Golf/Jetta models are the same.
> The cars with A/C have 90Amp and those cars with no A/C have 65 Amp
> alternators
> gerry

For even more info, I'm pretty sure the Diesels all had alternators in the
80-90 Amp range, if I remember right.  The one good thing I have to say
about my DieselBunny (other than mileage) was that it always charged very
well.

Michael Chaffee
mchaffee@staff.uiuc.edu
[Note new address]

CCSO probably thinks I'm working right now.  What do you suppose they think
I'm saying?