Too much Oil preasure?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Too much Oil preasure?
From: Robert Rhodes <aa101479@dasher.csd.sc.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 09:55:33 -0400 (EDT)
        Hello everyone,

        I recently installed my newly rebuilt B motor (.40 over, piper
1/4 race cam, weber, header,...) and am concerned about the oil preasure.

        Initialy, it showed 100 PSI or so and I thought it would fall and
the parts became broken in.  However, after 300 miles it still shows 100
PSI, sometimes going off the top of the scale!  Even when quite hot the
guage only falls to 75 pounds at idle and even then is jumping up to 100.

        So, how do I test my guage and is this much preasure a problem?

Rob Rhodes                              Columbia, S.C.
72 B