RE: Fuel Pump

To: fisherk@gas.uug.arizona.edu
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump
From: Ernest Gilbert <barrister@lawref.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 96 13:27:07 -0700
Yes, as you might have guessed, I have comments.

When I rebuild or rehab a car it generally needs a $90 fuel pump. When I
rebuild a car with an aftermarket fuel pump it generally needs a new $90 pump
plus new lines and fittings because the originals were changed to fit the
aftermarket pump plus a new bracket and mounting grommet because it was adapted
or removed plus electric wireing rehab plus filling holes drilled to fit the
aftermarket rig.

And try as I may I have never been able to find a direct replacement, or even
reference material, for any of the no-longer-manufactured aftermarket pumps I
have found in these cars.

I complain about the increased work and cost and wonder how much of the
difference between $24 and $90 was saved if you count the original conversion
and time cost.

Ernest
barrister@lawref.com