I'm from New York / I'm not rude

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: I'm from New York / I'm not rude
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 18:48:50 -0700
Someone recently said something about my being rude upon meeting me in
Bowie at the Original British Car Day. The gentleman was from N.
Carolina. I think it was because when he asked "Is this your car?" I
said "Yes, you gotta problem with that?" which I think can be
translated to in N. Carolinaees as " Why yes kind sir,it is.Is there
any thing further you'd like to know about it?" So in trying to clean
up my act I responded to Dave Houser's GT rear glass request, beginning
"Hello Mr. Houser" and received back "what are we our parents?". So I
replied with "Yo Dave-0" at the beginning and have yet to hear from
him. That was 2 days ago. I cann't win here. It is bad enough we have
to deal with Hood-Bonnet, Trunk-Boot stuff. So if you'd like I'll write
you guide to new york langage. Until then if you here me say "get outta
my face" it's probably means " excuse me but I'm a little short on time
right now. Perhaps a little later" Safety Fast, David "don't make me
come over there" Deutsch
By the way, if I wave to you, you better wave back.