Re: Smog Tests

To: Fool4MG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Smog Tests
From: Bill D <billd@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 18:09:42 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 1 Aug 1996 Fool4MG@aol.com wrote:

> Really, unless someone sat and watched you smog mechanic video tape the smog
> inspection, how hard would it be to put your wife's honda on the smog
> machine, enter your MG's vin #, and enter YES when prompted to.

The Smog Nazis in CA do exactly this, if they detect that a smog shop is
"clean piping" cars (substituting a clean car for one that will likely
fail.)  Saw it on the news.

Bill
'71 MGB (daily driver)

--
billd@doa.net billd@voicenet.com  (Bill D)
"Yesterday, apropos of nothing, one friend said to me 'Do you ever have