Re: Smog tests :don't worry, be happy

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Smog tests :don't worry, be happy
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Date: 02 AUG 96 12:57
>Okay, how many people believe that politics in the USA are affected if not
 dominated by people with money? (okay, okay, ....pessimistic and
 generalizing but bear with me a minute.) Have you ever noticed that those
 people with a great deal of money also have a large number of toys.  Have
 you noticed that some of those toys are "collector cars". Do you think that
 they will go along with the government passing laws that crunch their toys?
 I don't think so. They will use their influence to optimize their enjoyment
 of their cars.  I am always pleasantly surprised at the number of people of
 influence in the US that play with cars.  Bill Gates has an exotic Porsche.
 The guy that owns Blockbuster has a collection of cars.  Even President
 Clinton (can't stand that guy) has a '65 Mustang.  It doesn't hurt to lobby
<as a group but I don't think I'll lose sleep over this issue.

 Um, on the other hand, the People With A Great Deal Of Money generally
find ways to avoid that which affects those of us without a great deal of
money.  Another thing the PWAGDOM like is to have even more money.  And
if the great majority of collector cars get crushed, then their cars will
be worth all that much more.  Wouldn't Bill just love to see every
Mustang in the country destroyed, except for his?  Suddenly his car
would go from being worth $6,000 to $600,000.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*