RE: Smog tests :don't worry, be happy

To: "mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM" <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: RE: Smog tests :don't worry, be happy
From: Eric Houkal <erictw@mcs.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 19:35:28 -0500

----------
From:   =
TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM[SMTP:TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.CO=
M]
Sent:   Friday, August 02, 1996 7:57 AM
To:     mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM

>Okay, how many people believe that politics in the USA are affected if =
not
 dominated by people with money? (okay, okay, ....pessimistic and
 generalizing but bear with me a minute.) Have you ever noticed that =
those
 people with a great deal of money also have a large number of toys.  =
Have
 you noticed that some of those toys are "collector cars". Do you think =
that
 they will go along with the government passing laws that crunch their =
toys?
 I don't think so. They will use their influence to optimize their =
enjoyment
 of their cars.  I am always pleasantly surprised at the number of =
people of
 influence in the US that play with cars.  Bill Gates has an exotic =
Porsche.
 The guy that owns Blockbuster has a collection of cars.  Even President
 Clinton (can't stand that guy) has a '65 Mustang.  It doesn't hurt to =
lobby
<as a group but I don't think I'll lose sleep over this issue.

 Um, on the other hand, the People With A Great Deal Of Money generally
find ways to avoid that which affects those of us without a great deal =
of
money.  Another thing the PWAGDOM like is to have even more money.  And
if the great majority of collector cars get crushed, then their cars =
will
be worth all that much more.  Wouldn't Bill just love to see every
Mustang in the country destroyed, except for his?  Suddenly his car
would go from being worth $6,000 to $600,000.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*
             Another thing to consider- PWAGDOM don't usually do any =
actual work on their toys, don't clutter up the drive with parts =
cars,stink up the neighborhood with paint fumes, or any of the other =
things most of the people on this list are so fond of doing. And I don't =
think they are likely to waste a great deal of their time worrying about =
MG's when there are real status symbols out there.
Eric