Re: Zenith Carburetor Plumbing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Zenith Carburetor Plumbing
From: fisherk@gas.uug.arizona.edu
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 09:52:28 +0000
> I'm soon going to be launching into the process of installing a Zenith carb
> on my '76 B. I have smog coming up and the vehicle currently is running on
> a Weber. The Zenith has an automatic choke that connects to two hoses
> through which coolant flows - the Weber has a manual choke. I'm a little
> mystified by where the other ends of these hoses connect. Perhaps someone
> on the list who is familiar with Zenith plumbing could help enlighten me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Dave Kendall
> '76 MGB

Dave,
   One hose comes from a tube split off the lower rad hose and the
other is attatched to the rear top right by the valve cover. There is
a bolt on inlet tube. It should still be there maybe just pluged
up.It basicly flows coolent through a thermostat spring that turns
the autostart on or off (or somewere in between).
I just got done re pluming my carb this weekend!
 Hope this helps!

"The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million,
they were the worst too. The third ten million I didnt enjoy at all. After
that I went into a bit of a decline."
 - Marvin reflecting back on his 576,000,003,579 year career as Milliways' car
park attendent.
Keith Fisher Fisherk@GAS.UUG.ARIZONA.EDU