Overdrive Transmission

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive Transmission
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 14:38:05 -0400
Members of the list, lend me thy wisdom.  I am contemplating a swap to
an overdrive transmission for my B.  I have recently located two
different transmissions, one used, one rebuilt.

Used overdrive transmission.  $300.  From a '73 B.  Only info I have got
is that "it was working when it came out of the donor car".

Re-Built Transmission.  $900.  Guaranteed.  From a '77B.

Anyone have experience (good or bad) buying a used transmission like
described above?  I've gotten some advice recently that has me second
guessing buying used.  Then again, my money tree hasn't borne much fruit
this season.

Best Regards,

Chris Delling