Re: blow-by?

To: pharris@eos.vf.mmc.com
Subject: Re: blow-by?
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 09:05:21 -1000
Easy things first: to check your water level, remove the pipe plug on top
of the thermostat bubble flange.  That is where you check the water level,
not in the overflow tank.  Yes, as I understand things, you need a wrench
to check or refill your radiator water/fluid.

Harder things:  Get a compression test and bleed-down test done on your
engine.  This should tell you if you have bad valves or worn rings.  Worn
or sticky rings, or even broken rings, will give lots of blowby.  My
experience tells me that excessive blowby means an impending engine
rebuild.

mike, '78 Midget