Re: Front brake calipers siezing.

To: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>,
Subject: Re: Front brake calipers siezing.
From: "Mike Brecher" <futrclas@dns.dallas.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 06:32:54 -0600
Jason,
I'm getting in late in the game here, but try this first:
1. Jack up the front end of the car, and apply the brakes (hard).
2. Try to turn the front wheels.  They probably won't turn.
3. If the wheels won't turn by hand, open the bleeder at the caliper.
4. If fluid squirts out and the wheel turns, you probably have
    deteriorated brake hoses.  Try Replacing the hoses before
    rebuilding the calipers.
I hope this helps!

> That was one of my thoughts, but I think I'm going to go ahead and rebuild
> the calipers first: they probably need it anyway, as the rest of the
> hydrolic system was fried.  I would rather do that than mess around with the
> m/c needlessly any day! :)  Besides, the old m/c was useless:  I'm not sure
> that putting it back in would resolve anything, as it wasn't providing ANY
> pressure to the front calipers.

Mike
Mike Brecher
Future Classics Auto Service