Re: WWW Address for Smog Check 2

To: mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM, TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com
Subject: Re: WWW Address for Smog Check 2
From: kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 12:49:38 -0700

> ...but why do the diesels get off scott-free?!  I see so many MB diesels
> belching smoke...

Theoretically, or so the story goes, The output from diesels is large enough
that it falls to the ground fast enough that it isn't "air" polution. ???

Was it the bridge or the swampland that comes next?

My thoughts on these beasties was that the cleanest manufacturer could have
the exhaust come out of the back of the car, all the rest had to have theirs
come out the front of the car so the owner/driver would get a good view.
Sort of a natural selection kinda thing. ;-)

>   Never mind.  Not germaine to this list.  Anyone ever convert their
> MG to diesel?  ;-)

I read about some guy in the central valley, Fresno maybe, that converted a
914-6 engine to diesel. He obviously had WAY too much time on his hands.
This was in the Porsche Club national magazine complete with pictures. I
read the article myself, I'm not just refering to some vague urban legend
kinda "read about".

Now for the LBC content.

The (now) 15 year old is home drilling and pealing the floor pans out of the
Spitfire tub in preparation for a serious weldfest. (I have to go to Singapore
for the next week) :-(  Hopefully just before he goes back to school we'll have
the GT-6 widgets and all the replacement stuff welded in place and ready for
paint!  Yeah!!

OPPS!, This came through on the mg list...Sorry to talk about those T cars, OOO
and I mentioned the dreaded "P" cars as well....I guess it's 50 lashes with a
Lucas wire harness.

OWW, OUCH, YEEOW, OOO, etc 46 more times,

Ken Boetzer