ammeter wiring question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: ammeter wiring question
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 12:53:28 -0400
Fellow fiends:

I'm thinking of installing an ammeter in my '63B (you know, the thinking
man's sports car).  I have kept my car with (+) ground (wouldn't have it any
other way; if it was good enuf for Thornley (sp?), its good enuf for me).
However... does this matter to the gauge?  I mean: are there (+) earth
ammeters and (-) earth ammeters or will any old ammeter do?

If you're on Brit-cars, post back to me directly, as I'm not currently a
subscriber; just livin' in the tall cotton over on MGS...

many thanks,
Will Zehring