RE: MGA engine weights.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGA engine weights.
From: JBlack2881@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 15:19:38 -0400
Jean-Pierre- I love that name- You must be a hockey player.
     Ihave a coupe of MGA and have removed the engines several times. The
engines
are cast iron and weight in excess of 200 lbs. Two people are able to lift
engine.
Myself and a friend put one in the back of a Toyota Tercel hatchback without
too
much trouble. I just put my spare A tranmission on an old bathroom scale and
came up with 60 lbs. They are light because the housing is aluminum.
    One person can slide the engine , turn it and flip it, but you will need
a strong friend to lift it.

                                                                         Take
care & good luck

                                                                          Jim