MG wanted !

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG wanted !
From: "R. ian" <imackinn@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 96 10:52:57 -0400
Folks,

I bought my first MG back in 1979..it was a '71 bgt. It was in pretty rough
shape but over the years I have rebuilt it in stages.  I have always
used it for long distance driving and it has proved to be a very reliable
car.

I has always been my intention that once I had a proper place to work on
it, I would do a ground up restoration ( I can hear the snickering now :)).

I put it away in 1989 to go back to school and two years later my wife and
I built a house ( with the proper size garage).  Immediately afterwards we
started a family ( two chrildren - two years apart...the first being very
colicky ( I would rather deal with lucas problems the rest of my life that
go through that again !)). I am now in a job that requires me to be on the
road a big chunk of the week.  Free time is so scarce I almost have to book
time to mow the lawn !  Anyway....

I do not have the time/energy to do the work on the 'bgt that it requires
and we miss it terribly so....

I would like to purchase (and I am not in a panic) a 'bgt, 'cgt or sedan
(PA , SA etc.) that is in excellent condition.  I *do not* want anything
that requires work (inside or outside ) other that the obivious stuff.

Because of our location, I am will to travel even though I would prefer to
buy locally...My wife's truck does have a hitch :)

I do not want rubber bumpers or the really ugly bumperettes so I guess it
has to be pre 74.  I would prefer that it NOT be red or have wire wheels.
It has to be all metal - no bondo.

I will consider ( spark up the ole flame throwers)
   . automatic tranmissions
   . cars with  . engine modifications
                . running gear mods.
                . non-matched numbers.
                . V8 power
   . would like (but not necessary . wabasso sun roof
                                   . certified apprasial

Must be a resonable price - no, I don't have one in mind...it depends on
the car.

Is there a such a beast out there ?

TIA

Ian.  '71 BGT