Re: (Fwd) Midget Racing in North America

To: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Subject: Re: (Fwd) Midget Racing in North America
From: Mike Gigante <mg@mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 16:29:35 -1000

>I thought "Midget racers" in North America were those go-kart things with
>the giant wings on top.  Especially on dirt, they are a real blast!  I
>don't see an MG midget enjoying a dirt track as much.
>
>John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
>'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock

I'll be able to tell you what our LBC-style Midgets are like on a dirt
track course by the early November.

As part of the Three Peaks Rallye I'm doing in "Redcar" (59 Bugeye
known to some on this list!) - there is a speed event at a
speedway. Strange but true.

The rest of the Three Peaks is more usual in the grand rally
tradition. Road special stages, navigation, road circuit special stage
(at Winton Raceway), Motorkhana etc.

The event has all sorts of classic cars as well as a few contemporary
sports cars.

We (myself and navigator Craig McNaughton) are part of "Team Toad"
from the Austin Healey Sprite Driver's Club. The team includes 3
bugeyes, a MkIIA Sprite and an associate car.

The event is held in the alpine region around NE Victoria.

Mike
Mike Gigante
3D interactive graphics, Virtual Reality, british sports cars, and wine
http://mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au/~mg/                mg@mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au