RE: Speaking of Smog Sniffers

To: "'mg'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speaking of Smog Sniffers
From: "Randy Rees (Starwave)" <Randyr@starwave.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 10:01:00 PDT

What in the world are wen talking about here? This is new to us in the
Northwest. Is this supposed to be the pollution control version of photo
radar?

On Thursday last while traveling down to the Pebble event in Mr. Arnolt
(nary
a problem either way-Cheers!), I encounted my first roadside sniffer at
the
Marsh Road on ramp to 101 north.   It was immediately apparent as to what
was
up.  Not wishing to upset the Smog Gods, I shifted into neutral and
coasted
through the contraption.  These things are intended to entrap "Gross
polluters".....had I been in a post '65 auto, would this have been the
right
strategy??
Terry