Re: Speaking of Smog Sniffers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speaking of Smog Sniffers
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 12:55:35 -1000
I can hear it all now on the traffic news radio report:

"minor fender bender at the J street offramp"
"car fire south bound I-5 near I-80 interchange"
"smog sniffer on west bound I-80 at Watt"

And woo unto you if you happen to be following a "gross polluter" down a
sniffed offramp/onramp.  Ever seen how long those city bus fumes linger in
an intersection?  Plus, I believe (rumor here folks) that even if you have
a pre-smog car, if you get tagged as a gross polluter you still have to get
it to pass some minimum emmissions level, so they are also going after the
pre-1965 ringless smoke pumpers.

That's it, no more smog comments from me.  Now how do I get the alternator
pivot bolt out of my midget without removing the radiator?

Mike (hereby confining my MG posts to MG content)