Re: 72-74 MGB Front Valance wanted

To: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Subject: Re: 72-74 MGB Front Valance wanted
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 17:13:46 -0400
Jeremy DuBois wrote:

>   My bodyshop guy is recommending replacing rather than straightening the
> lower front valance on my B, so I'm now in the market for a used but
> straight piece from a 72-74.  Anybody have such a beast?  The closer to me
> the better (Concord, MA) as I'd like to get it quickly, but let me know in
> any case.
>
>                                 Thanks,
>
>                                         Jeremy DuBois
>                                         Programmer/System Administrator
>                                         Thermalogic Corporation
>                                         '74 MGB, '76 Spit

Jeremy-

This isn't what you want to hear, but I suggest you simply buy a
replacement.  They are:  1) inexpensive, and 2) available from Moss,
Vicky B, and others.  The valence is thin, and poorly supported.  The
reason your body guy says replace is due to the fact that straightening
it will result in a very weak panel.  Being as low as they are, they are
very susceptable to damage from parking blocks, steep ramps, etc., and
almost any one you find used will be in no better shape.  I just
replaced mine before delivering my car to the painter.

Regards,

Chris Delling