spark plugs and carbon

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: spark plugs and carbon
From: daveph@ix.netcom.com (David Hay)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 17:56:14 -0700
Greetings all!

Got the MGB out of mothballs and on the road for the first time since
1990. Been driving it for 3 weeks and am still getting the small bugs
out. I have a few simple question I thought someone might know
something about:

1. What is a "cold" spark plug that can be used in the MGB? Also, what
is a "hot" plug (don't say it's just the opposite please ;)) and where
does the Champion N-9Y fall in this temperature range?

2. Is there an easy way of decarbonizing the combustion chambers
without taking off the head? I'm experiencing nasty dieseling and it's
not related to timing. Had a carb mixture problem that I've recently
fixed.

Hope this stuff hasn't just been covered since I've been off the list
for the last 2 weeks and not even realized it (been kinda busy catching
up with an old friend). Thanks always.

Dave Hay