Re: Book Review

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Book Review
From: ken.roach@sk.sympatico.ca (Ken Roach)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 23:04:05 -0600
>Book Review
>
>MG SPORTS CARS, by John Heilig, Motorbooks International, Osceola WI,
>1996, $12.95.
>

> There are a few minor enthusiastic errors, but they are
>hardly
>noticeable and far outweighed by the thorough overview and fresh
>photographs
>of all models.

 On page 64 there is a photo of an MGB engine compartment which is described
as "original and has not been repainted".  There is obvious overspray on many
parts the factory did not paint (ie rubber hoses leading to the air pump, oil
cap on valve cleaner, etc.). The paint color is also wrong!

 But I must agree it is a decent book for the money ($14.95 Canadian) and I
really enjoyed the MG advertisements.

 Just my $.02

Ken Roach

'74 B currently in pieces :(