Re: Rebuilding an MGA 1500 - blueprinting

To: David Littlefield <dmeadow@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Rebuilding an MGA 1500 - blueprinting
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 21:58:13 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, David Littlefield wrote about "blueprinting":

> Generally, the term refers to the practice of bringing the clearances in
> the engine to tolerances better than the factory could or would.  As

Doesn't it also refer to "squaring" everything? Making sure the
centerlines of the bores are all exactly parallel, and exactly
perpendicular to the centerline of the crank, etc.

I am another one of those people how tries not to use this term, partly
because I am not sure what exactly it means...

Ulix ("chopped and channeled - balanced and blueprinted")
P.S.:   What _does_ "channeled" mean?
        - lower the body on the frame?
        - cut out a piece of the midsection?
        - make a tube frame out of C-channels?