Two quick Qs needing quick answers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Two quick Qs needing quick answers
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@isocan.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 22:16:45 -0400
Two quick questions, the first needing a quick answer.

  Is the Spitfire 1500 oil filter different than the Midget 1500
oil filter? I always thought the engines were the same, but are
they really the same or just interchangeable?

  The reason I ask is that I ordered a filter from my local
Canadian Tire to change the oil after 250 miles on the
new engine. But this is a spitfire engine, not a Midget engine,
and for some reason Canadian Tire has a different part number
for each engine and a different price.

  Is there something I should know before I drain all the oil
out, and then realize the same-old-style filters no longer
fit my car?

  Second question, is the Bentley Manual really that much better
than the Haynes manual? I want the Bentley manual if it is, but
Moss doesn't seem to have one for the Midget 1500. They do list
the factory shop manual though, is that the same thing? The writeup
would seem to indicate that the Bentley manual is the factory
manual combined with the owner's manual.

  Or does the Bentley manual for the Midget 1500 exist and I
just have to look harder?

  Thanks. Please reply ASAP directly by email if you know the
oil filter dilemna, I pick up the oil filter tomorrow and will
be starting the job.

--
                   Trevor Boicey - Computer Engineer
                1992 Celica GT (95% of the driving I do)