Re: Two quick Qs needing quick answers

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@isocan.com>
Subject: Re: Two quick Qs needing quick answers
From: Blevins <blevins@epix.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 08:58:13 -0700
Trevor Boicey wrote:

>   Second question, is the Bentley Manual really that much better
> than the Haynes manual? I want the Bentley manual if it is, but
> Moss doesn't seem to have one for the Midget 1500. They do list
> the factory shop manual though, is that the same thing? The writeup
> would seem to indicate that the Bentley manual is the factory
> manual combined with the owner's manual.
>
>   Or does the Bentley manual for the Midget 1500 exist and I
> just have to look harder?

Trevor,

        I have a Haynes manual that the PO left with the car. I >>never<< use
it unless
I need to see a picture for visual reference. The first book I pick off the
shelf is the
Bentley manual. And you are correct, it is a combo of the Driver's handbook and
Workshop
manual. I dis-remember where I got mine from, but on checking the catalogs,
you're right
again, neither Moss or Vic. British list a Bentley 1500 book, only the workshop
manual.
If this is what is the second half of the Bentley printing, it would be fine.
        After I bought the B, I only bought the Bentley manual for it (which
for some
reason does not give as detailed instructions as the Midget manual). Just last
year I
also picked up the Lindsay Porter/Castrol "MGB Service Guide" which I think is
a great
help. If there were a Midget one, I would get it, also.

"Motorhead" (703) 527-3140, Arlington VA does list the Bentley 1500 manual in
their
catalog, order # BEN-300, $35.00. Unless I picked it up at a show (Brit Books,
or
someone) I probably did get mine from Motorhead.....nice, personable folks..

Dennis

76 Midget
77 B

LANCO MG CLUB