Re: Smog check 2 hysteria/info for Californians

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smog check 2 hysteria/info for Californians
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 96 14:38:21 PDT
TATERRY said:

> Tonight on KSFO the lady talk show host repeated many times that
> New Jersey had imbedded in their smog program the ability to come onto your
> driveway and confiscate your car.

This is how I got the MG 1100 that's still hoping to go to Pennsylvania.  It
was parked next to a garage in the bad part of town and the police were going
to come onto the owner's property and haul it away by a certain date if some
silly person didn't buy it.  Come to think of it, that's how the ex-boyfriend
got that '69 BGT and it was parked completely out of sight on private property.

Now these smog belching cars are being driven around San Diego because they
couldn't be stored on private property.  Ah, irony.

Denise Thorpe, leaving as soon as I find a job
thorpe@kegs.saic.com