Re: Shoulder to cry on -Reply

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Shoulder to cry on -Reply
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 13:50:17 -0700 (PDT) (20:50 UT)
Chin up, old chap!  Keep your ear to the ground, and keep sniffing.
I found MILOU purely by chance.  The great aunt of a collegue at work
had it in her garage.  He heard I was looking, and mentioned that
he thought it might be an MG.  When she needed her driveway re-paved,
they talked her into letting the MG go.  I paid the price of a
driveway blacktop.  It was a big driveway.  On a hill.
I probably overpaid ($4000 four years ago) for a car that had not run
in 19 years, had dried out leather, and scraped up fenders and a dented
grill and bumper.  But it was ALL original (Still had the little dangling
cardboard tag for the top.) and it was what I wanted.  That counts for
a lot, doesn't it?
  You'll find what you want.  Don't compromise.  Don't tell yourself that
it doesn't matter that the DPO put a Pinto engine in it, or cut a hole
in the hood for a fake scoop, or welded the boot shut, or drilled holes in the
doors to put padlock hasps on them (really saw that!).  There are still
lots of good cars out there, and people that want them to go to good
homes.
  Check the no-rust state ads...

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*