Dist advance springs, Part 2

To: All <MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: Dist advance springs, Part 2
From: Larry Hoy <73253.1136@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 26 Aug 96 18:10:12 EDT
Well I  put the distributor back together.  Here's what I found.  The _big_
spring, although fully compressed was too long.  When the weights were fully
"expanded" it did nothing.  Here's what I did.  I used a similar distributor
advance spring from a Chevy that I had around the garage.  It was just the right
length.  I had the option of bending the hooked ends of the old heavy spring to
make it shorter, would that have been a better option?

I was unable to road test (I do have to work sometime), but it seems to be
running fine and advancing all right.

Larry
1969 MGB
Denver Co