TD Gear Box Filler Cover Plate Question

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Gear Box Filler Cover Plate Question
From: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 10:44:53 +0000
I just bought a replacement transmission filler cover plate for my
TD. This is the little thing you remove from the transmission hump
when you want to check/fill your transmission oil. How is this
plate supposed to be finished? Is it painted? Covered with rug material?
Unfortunately, there are no other T cars here locally and the books
never seem to have a picture of what I need to see.
Thanks in advance.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
53 MG-TD, under DIY restoration
71 MGB, still in the shop, 10 months and counting