T-type handbrake

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: T-type handbrake
From: Garry Hill/estec/ESAdev
Date: 3 Sep 96 9:27:56
Hi All,

I would like to consult the group's wisdom concerning the "fly-off" handbrake
of my TA. It seems reluctant to stay in the ON position - you know, pull it on
and press the button in to hold it on the ratchet. I guess the ratchet must be
worn ? I've taken a look at how it's put together and it seems quite difficult
to dismantle and service. Have any of you any experiences or advice of how to
take one of these apart, improve/repair and reassemble ? Is it really as
difficult as it looks ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

Garry Hill