Re: Body panels

To: Gene Conroy-Jones <scegaj@cardiff.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Body panels
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 20:32:23 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Gene Conroy-Jones wrote:

> I am now the proud owner of a 1979 Midget red/orange midget, 1500cc.
> I have two questions
> 1)  What is the proper name for the colour of my car

"Original Sprite & Midget" by Terry Horler has a color table.  Tell me the
color number (BLVC ###) and I'll tell you the name.  Could be
Carmine Red (209) or Vermillion (118).  I am being cautious because I have
never heard the word "Vermillion" before, but it is probably Carmine Red.

> 2) Where is the best place to but body panels for the car.

I think everyone gets them from British Motor Heritage.  Here in the US
they are usually backordered indefinitely.  In the UK they might be easier
to come by.

Have fun,

                                                           '67 Sprite