The Priestess, she speak!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The Priestess, she speak!
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 08:58:35 -0400
Fellow fiends:

Well, for someone who claims to be the High Priestess, DT asks a couple of
pretty silly questions!

To begin at the beginning, let me begin by saying that I remember reading
about that little girl who asked Lincoln why his legs were so long.  His
reply was that they had to be long in order to reach from his body to the
floor.  So, Denise, my advice is to measure the distance from the flange of
the tranny to the flange of the diff in this so-called "67" B of yours.  I
would further advise that you use measureing tape for this job.  Armed with
this information, you should then have a sliding joint manufactured at your
friendly local machine shop that will fit into the rear portion of any one
of your current prop shafts, with about two inches of the sliding joint
exposed when mounted on the car (just like they do in real MGs!).  After
all, I can't imagine that there is a ready made prop. shaft designed
specifically for your cobbled application!  (what a mess: does it have a
Ford engine?  Cadillac seats?   ...probably (-) ground too!)

Really, Denise, what do you think, those gracious men of Abingdon didn't
have anything better to do than to go wandering about all day long making
odd prop shafts?

As to the fuel overflow pipe...  who cares?  Is your car entering a
fancy-dancy concours de elegance or some such odd event?  Worried about
points?  My advice is to mount the overflow pipes well and truely away from
the exhaust header, and then to make sure that your float bowls are set such
that you never need to overflow your fuel anyway.  What a waste, afterall,
and anti-social!

Last but by no means least, glad to hear from you again.  We've missed you!
And ofcourse, don't hesitate to ask any other questions.  We'll be happy to
answer them promptly!

All the best,
Will "Wimin shouldn't be priesteseseseseesss anyway.  I read it somewhere."
Zehring