She speaks, MkII

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: She speaks, MkII
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 10:08:22 -0400
Fellow fiends:

In an earlier posting, I opined:

>Armed with this information, you should then have a sliding joint
manufactured at your friendly local machine shop that will fit into the rear
portion of any one of your current prop shafts, with about two inches of the
sliding joint exposed when mounted on the car (just like they do in real
MGs!).

Now this may not make much sense to some of you, but I'll always deny that
it doesn't to me and that all along I was just testing.  I propose that Miss
Thorpe takes the rear portion of the too-short prop shaft and have a new
sliding member made that slides far enough out of said rear portion to reach
the tranny's flange.  I will hazard to guess that is more than 2 inches.
Its my hopelessly nieve opinon that the shaft will stand the torque (what
torque?  Its a B!) as long as there is sufficient "spline overlap" betwixt
and between the forward (or sliding) and rear portions of the prop shaft.
In fact, I'd bet her car on it.

As to the Cadillac seats; I'm not sure they would fit, so I'm prepared to
suggest the car probably doesn't have any seats at all.

I will close with a quote from ABC comentator and ex-fast car guy Danny
Sulivan (sp?) at a recent Indy car race: "The crash wasn't so bad until they
ran over each other."

With friends like these...
Will Zehring