Engine I.D.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine I.D.
From: MOMBARI@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 10:49:44 -0400
Hi, I hope somebody has a book on engine numbers. My 52 Austin, which
originally had a 1200cc, had been replaced some time in its life with a
1500cc. Appears everything original from the 1200 was attached when the 1500
was installed though. Don't know if it's a MGA of possibly a Nash. Has the
tach drive pocket, chain tensioner, dished pistons and ID # IH 138774 that's
all! If anybody has any info I'd appreciate it, as I would like to rebuild it
and get this thing running. Thanx to all. Roland "hope I can get it running
by spring" Young.