RE: MGB--Fuel Leak

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB--Fuel Leak
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 14:04:00 -0700 (PDT)
Check the hoses in the trunk on the passenger side. They crack and leak
fumes not fluid.
 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: mgs
Subject: MGB--Fuel Leak
Date: Wednesday,September 04,1996 1:30PM

I believe I have a fuel leak in my 77B because I can detect the smell of gas
inside the cockpit.  Started last week and it appears to be noticable after
drive about a 1/4 mile after starting the car up and right after I turn off
the ignition.  I have smelled it at times in between but not as frequently.
 I checked everywhere I could think of (around the fuel pump, in the trunk,
and the engine compartment between the firewall and the carbs).  I also
checked for puddles and drips, but no luck.

Any suggestions on most likely source and/or a way to detect the source
(other than running a lit match along the entire fuel line until something
ignites)?

Thanks for the help.

Rick