used parts, prices

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: used parts, prices
From: Eric Houkal <erictw@mcs.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 21:55:17 -0500
   I went to two shows today, one a model A club show, the other a Brit. =
car festival.There were many really beautiful cars at the Brit fest, but =
virtually no parts vendors. Well, a couple, but nothing I could use =
and/or afford.=20
  However, at the model A show, a gentleman had several milk crate sized =
boxes of misc. small parts along with a windshield, decklid, two doors, =
much trim etc. Because I had not yet seen the lack of parts at the Brit =
show I took his number and said I'd see what was left after the show. =
Well, apparently, it is all still there and he wants an offer. The old =
bohemian in me says make it low, but I honestly don't know if there is a =
market for the parts I don't need here. I was under the impression that =
this Brit show would be the mecca of parts scroungers- if that's the =
case, I must be the only cheapskate in the MGB world, or there are no =
more used parts out there. Since I have found many parts at garage =
salesand flea markets I can't buy that one. So any way, what's the =
scoop? Is there a market for this stuff? What would be a fair offer on =
3or 4 boxes of unspecified parts and some body parts? I await your =
input, people.
Thanks, Eric