Re: Exhaust question

To: Marc Steinberg <marc@crl.com>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust question
From: MG Car Club Northwest Centre <mgccnwc@eskimo.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 11:40:10 -0700
Sounds like you have burned up the gaskets that fit in that particular
connection.  Not an uncommon thing to do.  They should be readily available
at your regular parts house.  Not much fun to change out though.  A very
dirty job.  Easier if you have a long socket and a socket universal to get
at the bolts that hold it all together.

Ted

At 10:13 AM 9/9/96 -0700, Marc Steinberg wrote:

>I got under my '63 B yesterday to change the transmission fluid and
>notice that the connection between the exhaust pipes that lead to the
>muffler and the manifold seem quite loose.  Is this normal?  Could it
>explain why, stopped at a traffic light, I begin having thoughts about
>gas masks and catalytic converter conversions?
>
>The connection is loose enough that I can wiggle the pipes around and see
>the bolts (there are 3 for each pipe) shifting around.  Normally, I
>tighten first and ask questions later, but these bolts seem pretty stuck
>the way they are.
>

>-- Marc

MG Car Club Northwest Centre
PO Box 8284, Seattle WA  98124-5584