Re: mga door adjustments

To: Kosten Metreweli/RSG/US <Kosten_Metreweli@rens.com>
Subject: Re: mga door adjustments
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 10:35:43 -0400 (EDT)
My doors also fit flush (actually I think the drivers side front wing is
a little low near the door), but for some reason, you really have to
slam the 1or 2 lb. doors.  On a Cadillac, where it takes 2 guys to lift
the door, I'm sure they don't have this problem.  Does anyone else agree
that the weight of the door itself is the problem?
As long as I've got your attention, I might as well fill you in on my new
A.  The fuel situation ended up being that I didn't have any... none...
zippo!  Even after I put a gallon in.  I pulled the pump off, blew out
the lines (mmm tastey) - there were no obstructions and I could hear
bubbles blowing in the tank, added 2 more gallons and she started right
up.  The gas guage reads 3/4, so this may be a problem...  Brakes:  it
turns out that the pedal had way too much travel, so I adjusted the
linkage at the master cylinder.  Is this okay to do?  The master cylinder
was just rebuilt (as was the entire braking system) prior to my
purchase.  Also the master is leaking around the gasket and screws that
hold the cover on.  It's leaking alot, and everything seems tight.  Any
ideas?  As someone pointed out to me, if I lose all the fluid, not only
can't I stop, but I can't downshift either...   Thanks for all your help,

Tom
'60 MGA 1600