SPAX / Monza

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: SPAX / Monza
From: DODSON@AESIR.MIT.EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 15:08:02 -0400 (EDT)

     I recently bought a SPAX conversion kit for my 78 B roadster.  I
  had previously had the upgrades Armstrongs, but they leaked and
  required filling every eight weeks (this is NO FUN in the winter
  in Boston!).  Sooo I got a SPAX front kit with the adaptor "towers"
  and the two shocks.  The directions were not very well written  and
  seemed to apply to an earlier version of the tower without the third
  "spur" support leg. I installed them, ran them the 50 mi. on the lowest
  setting to break them in, then tunrned them up to setting 3, which
  is the book setting for a B.  After about 150 mi. the right shock went
  all mushy.  Brit-Tek sent me a replacement, and about 300 mi after
  break-in it went mushy too. This seems very odd. The conversion kit
  went in easily and is the mirror image of the left hand side which
  works well. Did anyone else have this lind of experience?

    Oh, on the Monza exhaust question, I put in an Ansa.  It looks
  great, sounds great and went in without any fuss. Its 2+ years
  old and a bit rusty but that is expected due to the Boston winters.

                             George Dodson
                             MIT Bates Linear Accelerator Center
                             Dodson@Bates.MIT.Edu

                             78 MGB-Daily Driver