Re: 1951 MG-TD value...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1951 MG-TD value...
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 11 Sep 1996 08:47:55 -0500
In <32363B48.6C17@qnis.net>, Peter Ficklin wrote:
>OK ladies & gents of MG land, I've got a burning question...
>
>  Any leads as to how much this thing might be worth?  He's giving me
>first options on it, since it belonged to my cousin at one time, and
>even if I can't afford it, he's a good friend, so I told him I'd see if
>I could help him determine a fair price for it.

Sounds like it is driveable, but needs paint and upholstery and
probably an engine and tranny rebuild (which rears its ugly head at
about 70,000 miles....)  Assuming the wood is fundamentally sound,
fair price is about $8,000, since the spare engine/tranny is probably
worth $1,000 (i.e., $7,000 without same).  This may go up or down a
bit depending on whether it has good/bad top, side curtains etc.

                Good luck!              A. B. Bonds