63 xhaust, mk II

To: Marc Steinberg <marc@crl.com>
Subject: 63 xhaust, mk II
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 10:13:36 -0400
Marc S. writes:

>Okay, so I guessed correctly - the header should _not_ be loose.  This
>could explain why, after driving the B, I always feel slightly sick.

If that is really true, that you feel sick after driving, then you need to
deal with this IMMEDIATELY.  CO is not good for you!

>Next question:
>
>For those of you out there with intact headers, do you breathe your car's
>exhaust at idle?  I had sort of assumed that this was one of the hazards
>of convertible living, but maybe it really is just my car.

Most assuredly it is not typical!  Top up or down, the only time I get even
a hint of exhaust odor is when I'm backing the car out of the garage.  At NO
OTHER TIME do I, nor should you, smell your exhaust!  Its bad enuf driving
behind a dump truck, belching black acrid smoke (like I had to today...).

Will "have lungs, will travel" Zehring

p.s.  No, it was the TRUCK that was belching, not me.  I only belch on
Fridays, after a few brews with with me mates.