Re: SMOG

To: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Subject: Re: SMOG
From: The Meanone <meanone@ece.ucsb.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 96 11:43:43 PDT
At 02:20 PM 9/12/96 -0400, you wrote:

>My question (to California, N.J. and others) is:  Is there a grandfather
>clause to protect people who owned cars prior to the legislation?  It
>would seem to me that many of the laws would include such a provision.
>You couldn't sell your car to somone in the state, but it wouldn't
>prevent you from using it.

There is no grandfather clause on the smog laws here in california. Everyone
is affective. AS for selling our cars out of state, we can but we cannot
sell them
in Arizona or Nevada because they are going to or already using the
new smog laws which by the way are federal. The bill number to read, if
my memory has not failed me yet, is IM240. I can pass you on all the
California bill numbers, but let me warn you, the are some of the most boring
reading out there.

THE MEANONE (aka) Bob Stevenson   (805) 893-2403

"The greatest power is often simple patience."

             E. Joseph Cossman