RE: Changing Oil on Used Motor

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Changing Oil on Used Motor
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 09:43:00 -0700 (PDT)
Sounds like a plan although you might want to consider just replacing the
oil with new and skipping the motoflush. Motoflush makes your oil the
consistency of gas and you could sprout a new leak somewhere that was
previously gooed up. Or you could release a piece of sludge which could clog
an oil passage somewhere. If you do use it, after you replace the filter and
refill with oil run it a mile or so and replace the oil filter and oil
again. I've used it before and I found that even after changing the oil and
filter there is enough of that stuff in the engine to break down the
viscosity of the new oil.

Chris Reichle