Re: Oil Leakage/Consumption

To: Dan Hughes <Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Leakage/Consumption
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 09:42:04 -0700
At 10:10 AM 9/12/96 -0500, Dan Hughes wrote:
.  I was trying to get a feel for how much oil MG users need to put in
their cars. Mileage/amount, leaking/burning?

Dan - I've got a 71 MGBGT which does not burn oil.  When I had my 70
convertible, it used oil when I had problems with the engine, but after
rebuilds of the head and block, stopped using it.  I would check on a
weekly basis to see if you're using any oil, and when you have a feel for
what your car's doing, adjust your schedule.  Hope this helps.
Nina