oil using/amount

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: oil using/amount
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 07:57:22 -0700
You wrote:

>About a quart every few hundred miles, and it's mostly
leaking...through
>the head gasket, through the side seals, through the oil pan seal --
you >name it, if it's supposed to be sealed, it leaks.  Someday I'll do
the >gaskets, but so long as I keep dumping oil in, there doesn't seem
t be >any hurry.  She holds 60-75 psi at speed as long as I'm careful
to check >it every other fillup or so.
> Marc

I too am on the quart per tank of gas plan with both my 66 and 75 Bs
I'm not leaking though. The strange thing is there is no lack of power
and good pressure. I plan on rebuilds over winter and will take care of
clutch replacement and Overdrive instalation at the same time. The 75
has 110,000 on it and the 66 has 95,000 on it. I use alot more oil at
75 mph highway trips than around town drives. David Deutsch