RE: 62 Midget Transmission Rebuild

To: mgs@autox.team.net, dsavill@ciao.trail.bc.ca
Subject: RE: 62 Midget Transmission Rebuild
From: TheSkinny@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 10:54:26 -0400
 >I'm about to start the rebuild on a close ratio smooth-side transmission
>that will need the synchros replaced.  According to a couple of suppliers
>these cone type syncros are no longer available and that machining the
>caseing and installing gears from a 1098cc Morris Minor is the answer.
>Keeping in mind that I would like to keep the car as original as possible...
>
>Does anyone know if I can obtain cone syncros.
>If not, what the gear ratios for the Morris are?

Doug :

This may draw sticks & stones, but nobody can see what transmission is in the
car.  Rib Case transmission  will bolt right up and is far more reliable
(sturdy) than the smooth case.  Rib case transmissions are pleanty & parts
readily available.  I'm in CA and have one I'd sell in excellent condition,
but that's beside the point.  Recycle the aluminum of the smooth case &
install a ribcase.  nobody will know.

David Riker
69 Midget